Firefli is looking for a unique and qualified individual to be our search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) manager.
The SEO/PPC Manager will work alongside Firefli’s Strategy team to actively manage SEO and PPC campaigns for multiple clients, while supporting new business initiatives and learning/maintaining industry standards and trends.
Who Should Apply?
The ideal candidate should have 5-7 years of combined education and work experience.
As a young and in-demand agency, each Firefli (as we like to call ourselves) commonly wears many hats to better serve clients. Therefore, we’re seeking someone who can fill this tactically analytic role while meeting the challenges of working in a fast-paced, client-first environment.
Some daily tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Manage SEO and PPC campaigns, including: strategy, implementation, execution, budgeting and campaign performance analysis.
- Execute a wide variety of SEO tasks, including
- keyword research
- keyword taxonomy development
- page mapping
- competitive analysis
- SEO audits
- search meta tag writing
- content development and optimization
- rich content optimization (video, rich internet applications, blogs, etc.)
- page optimization
- domain and URL optimization
- file naming structure
- sitemap development
- link building/management
- Consult on-page factors affecting SEO to evaluate risk, diagnose problems, and implement changes as needed.
- Consult on technical issues, when applicable.
- Identify/maintain client key performance indicators (KPIs and create monthly and/or quarterly reports.
- Consult latest algorithm and search engine industry changes, while educating clients (and fellow Fireflies) in SEO best practices/trends.
- Work within modern content management systems (i.e. WordPress).
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Collaborate with team to develop and execute site migration, content, and redirect strategies for multiple complex websites
- Leverage competitive and strategic analysis skills to help clients reach the top of their industry.
- Collaborate with different team members (i.e. content strategists, developers, designers, producers, etc.) on execution of projects.
The ideal candidate should also mostly fit the following mold:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred.
- Be comfortable executing SEO and PPC campaigns in a variety of industries.
- Must have experience using many SEO/PPC tools, including (but not limited to): Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Moz, etc.
- Experience managing display ads is a plus.
- Be willing to pursue knowledge base growth, perhaps including Google AdWords and Google Analytics Certification.
- Strong client presentation skills with ability to present complex material in simple terms.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Enjoy coming to work every day.